One of the professional services that people get for their office is office cleaning. But, often, there must be more hours to properly clean and maintain an office or commercial building’s interior. This is especially true when you have to juggle your time between employees, customers, vendors and others. Thankfully, you can always hire an office cleaning service in Northern Virginia to do this for you, freeing up your time to focus on operations and other tasks.
The Cost of Hiring a Professional Office Cleaning Service
The cost of hiring a professional office cleaning service varies from company to company—and even within companies (for example, some offices might have higher prices due to being located in downtown areas). It also depends on the size of your office and how often your office should be cleaned. Typically speaking, however, hiring a professional cleaning service will cost between $200 ~ $1,650 depending on the area of your office. You can refer to the table below:
|Square Feet||Cleaning Cost/Hours|
|0–1,000 sq. ft||$200–$400|
|1,000–5,000 sq. ft||$400–$550|
|5,000–10,000 sq. ft||$400–$550|
|10,000–20,000 sq. ft||$700–$1,150|
|20,000–40,000 sq. ft||$1,250–$1,650|
|0–1,000 sq. ft||1 hour|
|1,000–5,000 sq. ft||1–2 hours|
|5,000–10,000 sq. ft||2–3 hours|
|10,000–20,000 sq. ft||3–5 hours|
|20,000–40,000 sq. ft||5–9 hours|
5 Main Factors that Affect The Cost of Office cleaning
- Where is your office located?
For example, if your office is located downtown, it will typically cost more to clean due to the higher labor cost. This is because more people live in that area, so there is more competition for cleaning services. The size of your office will also affect the cost. The more extensive your office space is, the more work needs to be done by the cleaning staff. To keep costs down, many companies opt for cleaning just once per week or bi-weekly instead of daily or weekly.
- Do you need special cleaning equipment to get the job done?
The more cleaning tools you need, the higher the professional cleaning services cost. For example, if you need to use specialized vacuums or steam cleaners, it will increase the price tag.
The size of your space and the types of materials in your office will affect how much time it takes to clean and what type of equipment is needed.
- What’s the Size of the Office?
Larger offices require more cleaning, as dust and dirt settle over time. A huge office space with many rooms will cost more per hour for professional cleaning services than if you have only one or two rooms. Also, larger areas usually need to be cleaned more often than smaller ones.
- What’s The Type of Office Cleaning Required?
If you need your office cleaned once per week, it will be less expensive than having it cleaned every day. However, the type of cleaning required will also affect the cost of professional cleaning services. For example, if you need a deep clean to remove heavy dirt and debris from hard floors or walls in addition to regular vacuuming, it will cost more than a basic clean where only dusting and vacuuming are performed.
You’ll find various services, each with its benefits and drawbacks. Here are some of the most common types:
- Basic cleaning: This is what you’d expect from any office cleaning service—they’ll empty trash cans, mop floors, vacuum carpets and dust surfaces. This may be the right option if you’re looking for something simpler than deep-cleaning or carpet cleaning. Remember that basic cleaning can sometimes fall short when sanitizing your space (more on later).
- Deep Cleaning: Often referred to as “spring cleaning,” deep-cleaning involves going beyond basic cleaning by removing dust from hard-to-reach areas like ceiling tiles, skylights and vents; scrubbing grout lines in showers; removing filth from under desks; vacuuming every nook and cranny in your office; etcetera! The point here is that no surface will be left untouched during this process—and if it’s not cleaned correctly, then neither will your air quality be up to par!
- Carpet Cleaning: Carpet cleaning is another important aspect of indoor air quality. Dust mites, pet dander and other allergens build up in carpets over time, which can cause allergies and asthma symptoms to flare up. If you have carpets in your home or office, they must be cleaned regularly so that these things stay in order!
- How Often Will Your Office Be Cleaned?
How often your office will be cleaned is dependent on several factors. First, the size of your office and how busy you are will determine how often it needs to be cleaned.
For example, if you have a small business with only one or two employees and no customers coming in daily, then weekly cleaning would be sufficient. If, however, you have a large office space with many people coming in daily for meetings or appointments (and other reasons), then daily cleaning may be necessary for optimal efficiency and health reasons.
Another consideration is the type of cleaning needed for different surfaces in your workspace. For example: if you need carpets cleaned more than once per month due to the amount of foot traffic they receive from employees coming into work every day, then monthly carpet maintenance might be best suited for this situation instead of weekly vacuuming alone before each appointment starts early each morning without fail!
So, how much does office cleaning cost in Northern Virginia? It all depends on the size of your office space and its extent of use. If you need additional time for cleaning crews to be at work, you should hire them. This will ensure that your employees are comfortable with their surroundings, that your customers are impressed with your company and that everyone can focus more on their respective tasks.